For this week’s blog article, we thought we would take a break from law and give you 10 facts about Touchstone Law Group LLP that you may not know. Enjoy!
- Touchstone was founded by Una Gabie and Jennette Vopicka on October 15, 2012. At that time, Touchstone was made up of two lawyers (Una and Jennette) and one assistant, Tracy Lerfold. Touchstone now has three lawyers, one summer articled student, one summer student and 13 members on our support staff team.
- All of Touchstone’s lawyers are women and the majority of Touchstone’s support staff members are women (12:1). For those of you wondering, Bryn is our male conveyancer who joined us in March of 2017 from Narrabeen, Australia where he was a licensed conveyancer.
- Touchstone currently focuses in the areas of corporate/commercial, real estate, real estate development, trusts, estate planning and estate administration. Touchstone does not practice in any of the areas of litigation.
- Since its inception, Touchstone has welcomed 6 beautiful babies into the Touchstone family and is excited to announce that our team currently has 2 more babies on the way!
- Founding partner Jennette Vopicka is licensed to practice law in Alberta as well as BC. This has proven to be hugely advantageous to clients who require legal services in both provinces.
- Touchstone celebrates mangos. A mango is someone who goes out of their way to go above and beyond for a client to ensure that they receive timely and quality legal services and leave saying “wow”! At Touchstone, we consider ourselves, in comparison to our competitors, to be mangos. It’s not a comparison of apples to apples, or even apples to oranges. How can you compare apples and mangos?
- Animals are very important to Touchstone. From time-to-time you may be greeted by dogs at Touchstone’s office. Touchstone also supports an Angel’s Animal Rescue in Merritt, BC by accepting donations for certain notarization appointments.
- In 2015, Touchstone purchased a teal scooter which is used to whip around downtown on bank runs. Touchstone recently purchased a teal cruiser bike as an additional form of transportation for bank runs.
- On Friday afternoons, the Touchstone team bonds over a glass of wine from various Okanagan wineries in our boardroom.
- Touchstone has been nominated for the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce’s Business Excellence Awards two years in a row. In 2016 Touchstone was a finalist in the Small Business of the Year category. In 2017 Touchstone was nominated in the Mid-Sized Business of the Year category (submissions are due in mid-August with winners being announced in mid-October).
- Bonus – At Touchstone, we love what we do and we truly appreciate the ongoing support of our clients and referral sources. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do!
To keep up to date on Touchstone Law Group LLP, please check out our law blog (http://touchstonelawgroup.com/kelowna-lawyers/our-law-blog/), and follow us on Facebook (Touchstone Law Group LLP) and Instagram (touchstonelawgroupllp).
Author: Danielle (Dani) Brito
This information is general in nature only. You should consult a lawyer before acting on any of this information. This information should not be considered as legal advice. To learn more about your legal needs, please contact our office at (250)448-2637 or any of our lawyers practicing in the area of business law, real estate law, and wills and estates law at the following:
Una Gabie: email@example.com Jennette Vopicka: firstname.lastname@example.org Danielle (Dani) Brito: email@example.com