Estate Administration refers to the legal process of administering and distributing a person’s property and estate when they pass away. Administering an estate is an important responsibility that brings complexities and stress. Time must be set aside to properly handle all administrative aspects.
As many executors learn, even the simplest estate can be very time consuming and complicated to administer. There are many legal obligations that can result in personal liability on the part of the executor or personal representative.
Touchstone Law Group LLP provides counsel to clients in the area of probate and estate administration and assists personal representatives to carry out the estate administration duties bestowed upon them by a loved one.
Our services include:
- Reviewing and interpreting the will;
- Dealing with bank accounts, insurance policies and investments;
- Obtaining probate to effect the transfer of estate assets to beneficiaries;
- Obtaining court approval for the administration of estates;
- Assisting individual and corporate executors with questions regarding how to administer an estate;
- Transmission of property on a joint tenancy;
- Preparing an estate accounting;
- Counseling both individual executors and corporate trustees in the administration of estates and trusts;
- Administering a trust, investing trust funds, distributing trust funds or transferring assets into a trust.
For more information or to schedule an appointment in regards to administering an estate, obtaining probate, and distributing assets, please contact us at:
Jane Otterstrom, Lawyer – email@example.com
We can be contacted by phone, Mon to Fri 8:30a – 4:30p at (250) 448-2637.