Estate planning and creating a will are critical parts of planning for the future and creating peace-of-mind for our clients and their families. Effective estate planning ensures that an estate is distributed as wished, family conflict is avoided and tax exposure reduced. In addition, an effective plan provides for substitute decision making should incapacity occur.
Our lawyers understand that wills, trusts and estate matters can be very sensitive and emotional for our clients, therefore, our goal is to provide high quality and sound advice to assist our clients in achieving peace of mind.
We provide all services from the preparation of your will to the eventual administration of your estate, including the following:
- Drafting wills, powers of attorney and representation agreements;
- Assisting clients to structure their estate plan;
- Ensuring that you have plans in place to deal with the possibility of a temporary or permanent incapacity;
- Recording and storing all documents in a fire proof safe;
- Testamentary and inter vivos trusts;
- Assisting clients draft their health directives/representation agreements;
- Committee applications so clients can assist their ailing loved ones who no longer can make decisions for themselves.
While a will is a critical step in planning for the future, a comprehensive estate plan is much more than a will – the right plan minimizes taxes and probate fees, and represents your wishes both now and in the future. Proper estate planning assisted by skilled and experienced professionals allows you to ensure that your goals and intentions will be carried out properly and cost effectively.
Our lawyers work closely with other estate professionals, including your accountant and financial planner to assist our clients create the right plan for their own personal needs. With all our estate clients, we conduct a complete profile interview to assess their unique planning needs including: disabled beneficiaries, corporate trustees, and mixed families.
Jane Otterstrom, Lawyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
We can be contacted by phone, Mon to Fri 8:30a – 4:30p at (250) 448-2637.